Roseland resident Diane Latiker has been selected as a 2016 “Women of Worth” (WOW) honoree by L’Oréal Paris for her outstanding work with Kids Off The Block, an organization she founded in her home to help low-income, at-risk youth find positive alternatives to violence and hopelessness. Latiker is one of 10 women in the country – and the only Chicagoan – to receive the prestigious Women of Worth award this year for her charitable efforts and perseverance in making a difference in the community.
- Are Racial Attitudes Really Changing? Some Black Activists Are Skeptical
- Preventing Violence and Protecting Children
- Kids off the Block founder Diane Latiker honored as ‘Frontline Hero’ by Variety Magazine
- President Obama drops into a virtual meeting with community leaders from across Chicago
- In Chicago, a Home Away From Violence