Kids Off The Block congratulates An-Janette Albert (Derrion’s Mom) on her victory to get a street sign named in the honor of her son Derrion Albert! He was an honor student at Fenger Christian Academy in Roseland, a community in Chicago, IL. Derrion was brutally beaten to death in 2009 by students who also attended the school. An-Janette wanted to make sure future students, and youth in general remember when they see the sign, not only Derrion, but also that violence is not the answer!
- Are Racial Attitudes Really Changing? Some Black Activists Are Skeptical
- Preventing Violence and Protecting Children
- Kids off the Block founder Diane Latiker honored as ‘Frontline Hero’ by Variety Magazine
- President Obama drops into a virtual meeting with community leaders from across Chicago
- In Chicago, a Home Away From Violence